Monday, February 01, 2010

Lucky 1st Day of the Month Again!

Got an unexpected day off so i decided to go to LPR and hone my fishing skills. Pretty bad bites lately, had zero takes with lures but got a few misses with my float & fly setup. :( Anyway, went early morning, left with my darling after a hearty breakfast. LPR was getting quiet these days during the weekday mornings. Nobody is there fishing so i crossed my fingers and tried out a couple of tricks and tips after this month revision on my targeted species. And it paid off. :)
Hook on the tip! Great fighting action!
Not too fat, seems like LPR is starving these fellas :)
 
Caught this energetic 1/2 pounder Peacock near the neh neh rocks, and what a fight it gave me! The hook is nicely set on the tip of the mouth so it got into alot of action trying to release itself! Did a nice tarpon jump here, shaking its head trying to shook off the hook and valiantly dart left and right! Woohoo! Hot Baby! Finally, subdued it with a series of turns and manage to grab it up for a little photo session... kekekeke!!!
 
After that a group of young anglers came armed with float & fly and casts around my spot so i rested up. After they moved i targeted yet another set of rocks and WOAH! This time i juvenile toman shot out between the rocks and greedily snatched my lure. What a hungry pig! LOL!!! Caught in no time at all. More surprised by the manner of take than the fight though.


Very skinny!!! LOL!!! LPR INDEED STARVING!!!

After that i go recce around LSR, my next targeted site. Please wait for more good news and have fun!!! All fished are CNR. Please conserve for our next generation ya! :)

1 comment: