Saturday, February 27, 2010

Successful Catch @ NSLK

Been trying to shake off the sleepy bug this morning but none the less, bit the bullet and went off in search of my beloved Peacock Bass. Reached the hotspot NSLK and quickly set up my rod & reel. Its late morning and the weather is still cloudy, the waters calm with little breeze. Saw a few young anglers totting the grounds but this spot is mine! And from the tell tale ripple with the bubbles, i suspect my favorite fish is there...

Armed with my newly gotten Daiwa Luvias and my trusty Team Daiwa Tornado Rod, I certain im gonna break my duck after a few series of recce fishing at this area. Initial casting with my newly modified spinner frog topwater lure proved rather foolish. Seeing how it doesn't really spin that much. :( But hopes are still high and i reached for my newly acquired jerkbait...

My first PEACOCK BASS for the Tiger Year!!!4 Pounder caught! Nice size and colors too!

The take was typical Peacock style. Solid and strong hookup was locked in my mind following my previous session when i'm too eager to land one biggie and it escaped in midair when it shook off my lure. It doesn't feel too tough this time though. My Luvias is certain of that! :) The Peacock tried some mad darts and turns but i firmly lock on tight and reeled in firmly. And once it jumped out of the water i know ecactly what to do, quickly pull it down into the water! :) The ensuring fight took around 2 min to exhaust the bugger!

WTF! SO SERIOUS!? LOL!
Say 'Ahhhhhhhh.....' Poor bugger must be gasping for air!Finally a sweet kiss for the great date this morning!

And so my duck is broken at this NSLK. Fish is CNR after a video log is taken. Hope to see u soon! Anyway caught this beauty 30 mins into my 2 hour session. During the time, i walked part of the area and saw some young anglers using flies. And i noticed they caught some young fellas too! Great job fishos! And CNR too! YAY!!!!

1 comment: