Friday, September 09, 2011

Trial Run For New Bashing Rod & Reel Set..

Having broken several Daiwa rod tips, I decided to invest less on branded rods unless recommended.. In the end, decided to purchase Chop Hock Heng's housebrand, a 5'6ft, 4-8 lb Pro Tech Magic Spin Light rod, which impressed me seeing how they work on Nigel's blog.. Aptly paired with a budget Daiwa Sweepfire 1000 to replace my trusty rusty reel, I'm ready for some no holds bashing and ultra light fishing.. No more  heart pains liao.. Kekeke!
 

Nite falls and after work I decided to test the set up at a water hole near my workplace.. Casting ultra light jigs with the rod seems fine although the set up looks quite bulky.. The springy rod tip clearly aided the distance casted.. The reel works fine too but I loaded it with 8lb which might be too much for it and wind knots happened twice.. Quickly remedy the knot and worked the jigs.. In the end of my 1 hour session, I couldn't complain about the set at all.. Caught several bait sized Tilapias which hardly worked the rod although I felt the sensitive tip really help me secure the hook sets.. 


Gonna try it out on my fave Peacock Bass and hopefully at other members of the snakehead family in order to secure a full review.. I guess going budget doesn't seems too bad after all.. At least now I dared to whack the rod and dump my reel.. LOL

11 comments:

  1. Wah, protech magic spin, kena fish, cfm wet wet, jalan de rod. Kena Toman lagi wet. Haha. E Daiwa telecopic rod u haf, i haf too. Think e tip cost 20over bucks. Btw kip e rod tip guide, e new rod tip dun come wif it. -Itchyhand Cis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah, I haven't get to strike any decent size fish u ordei make me wet! LOL Make me itchy to fish liao.. Bro, u noe where I can service the rod tip? Must go Daiwa agent ah? Thanks for the advice! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. U can go back to e shop u bought e rod and gif them ur rod model number, from their side, they can trace wat part number e rod tip is an will order for u. Then u have to wait. I got mine fixed by fishing buddy at taman jurong as i bought mine there. -Itchyhand Cis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's an example from the Next student loan people business. You can produce some useful product, e-book, software, funny video, amusing story and such, which one.

    Feel free to visit my webpage: Private Student Loans for People

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. her comment is here p7l46x8x09 louis vuitton replica replica bags from china replica bags hermes browse around this website b1o78g0s24 replica bags high quality our website u7k04x6o51 high end replica bags replica goyard bags

    ReplyDelete