Friday, August 12, 2011

6 Takes!! 3 Landed!! 5 Friendly Fishos!! Shiok!!

Went down to my  fave haunt this cloudy yet bright day.. Water was surprising calm, could see a mama Watermelon swimming happily and, to my horror, already one baiter using catfish near my spot.. =\ Nonetheless I chucked my lure in, thinking of disturbing his catfish loh.. Kekeke.. Then HOOK SET!! FISH ON?? Eh, no fight at all.. I really caught that catfish meh.. To my amusement, a juvenile Toman was foul hooked.. LOL Quickly took a snapshot and release it..


Sensing my Queens were somewhere else, I trolled the waters and met a long time fisho of the area, bro Dan.. We had a nice chat as we lured and before long.. HOOK SET!! FISH ON?? Got a nice tug as the fish steered to the right and WTF!! Could see I foul hooked somewhere around the fin.. Quickly brought to bank.. A nice light 27cm.. Eh, why so many speckles? Temensis? LOL Quickly take a snapshot and release it.. WTF!! Twice kena foul hooked!! The 'gods' must be playing with me loh.. Kekeke Sensing my Queens still there, I chuck my lure again and HOOK SET!! FISH ON!! This time should be good, can sense the peacock bass fighting near the surface of the water.. Then.. Eh, hook came off.. WTF!! Bro Dan also say should be bigger then just now the one.. T_T


Look see look see got one fisho topwater at the far end, wah so hot still topwater.. I tried some recce luring and.. HOOK SET!! FISH ON!! Wah got nice tug can feel the fish moving fast I pulled it jumped and hook fly back.. ZZZzzz LOST AGAIN.. Damn sad.. Changed my lure to bigger hook.. Then.. HOOK SET!! FISH ON!! Wah, nice tug quickly set my drag high and pulled a plump Queen! Aiyo, for its 30cm size still weigh half kilo.. Must have eaten alot.. Greedy pig.. Kekeke

Mini trap for my 'captive' else they will swam off...

Then the  'gods' must be telling me dun yaya papaya lah and 'they' gave me a stomache, so I go for early lunch.. Anyway spotted some strange tiliapias at the next area.. I tried a small jig, was pretty amused it somewhat chased it but never really bite.. LOL Saw Bro Dan, he landed one peacock bass too.. Nice one! Forgot to ask him let me see, later go his blog gian abit..

Met 2 young friendly fishos, bros Brendan and Jeff and an enthusiatic baiter turn lurer Shihong, who caught a nice peacock bass and slipped another.. Donated one lure to shihong all donated setup.. Kekeke Saw Banhock bro too in his usual gear.. Then last cast.. HOOK SET!! FISH ON!!.. Dunno kena what cos halfway hook came off.. Very tired liao.. Looks like need more hooking practise.. LOL Next time you all go fishing dun forget to jio me loh.. Cya fishos!!!

PS: Is that spotted Peacock Bass a Temensis half bred? I really dun know! LOL

4 comments:

  1. tkhs for e congrats, I'm new to luring too. Juz dat I make a lot of effort n time trekking, bashing and luring. For teaching how to catch toman, I oso dunnoe much, hehe. But from wat I've learned, 1st light, last light and ang paos surfacing is e best to hit them. N when u hit them, really nid to strike hard a few times to set hook. I lost a few mama while learning coz I didn't set hook, haha. Kena a few urself at nslk n u will learn naturally. :) Like today, I pop toman frm 4pm till 7.15pm, 1 hit oso dun haf. Juz rem one thing, dun go luring wif expectation, it will lead to desparation then boring liaoz. All e best to ur luring trips~! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx bro for the great advise! CNR bros like u are the best! I will try harder to land one good size Toman! Best of luck for your fishing trips! Hopefully can meet you at my water holes sometimes! =)=)=)

    ReplyDelete