Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Peacock Bass Day!! With Extra Bonus!!

Got up early this morning.. Thinking of cracking the Toman code but its not that day today.. Tried to fish at my usual spot but the water was very weedy, making my usual minnow lures grinding to a halt.. Switched to other options loh.. Anyway, only saw some baiters and a few fishos at the goalmouth.. Actually, I don't have problems with tapaoers.. but please lah, dun catch all and bring home.. You can take 1 back and savor it but release the rest mah.. Nothing special to boast about catching a kind of fish which so eager take lures.. If you take all like one kaki told me, take 8 back.. It's like robbing loh.. Haha.. Anyway, got 8 takes, 5 landed.. Which include one very cute young Zebra Tilapia..

Very fast taker.. 2 casts kena liao.. ^^
Smaller one think follow big bro above..
Eh, why side kena scratched!?
Nice fight.. Dun wan come up loh..

Looks like my Beauty Queens are a lively bunch, ranging from 25 to 30cm, weighing 1/2lb to 1 lb.. I always like their ferocious takes.. Especially when they are in a feeding frenzy.. Got all of them within an hour of my 3 hrs session.. All are CNR except for 2 which were caught by a group of couples who were baiting and thought this is seawater.. LOL Next time try Woodlands Waterfront lah.. There got more nice tasting fishes..

My Very First!! Zebra Cichlid!! Sorry about the scary cigarette box..

Final catch is a funny one hur hur.. I tried to google it and it really looks like a cross between Mayan Cichlid and Zebra Cichlid.. In the end, should be Zebra cos the tail got no eye loh.. LOL Very cute catch! I like the colors.. Very charming.. Fish is CNR too!! Hopefully can grow big big to 2kg hor.. Okies fishos.. Cya next time =)

PS:  In the end should be Mayan Cichlid cos the sizes doesn't match up with Chromide and Zebra.. ^0^

3 comments: